Discover 20 Galleries and 20 Exhibitions in Central Christchurch this month in May
The city of Christchurch is home to more than 25 galleries with exhibitions by leading and emerging New Zealand artists changing every month of the year. Varying between one to two exhibitions every month this represents more than 300 new exhibitions annually from commercial galleries, artist-run spaces, pop-ups, artists’ studios and public institutions.
Established in January 2019, CHRISTCHURCH ART SEEN invites you to join their guided tours each week to the city’s galleries and studios. Discover and celebrate the vitality of the city’s art scene in a guided tour with arts writer and commentator, Warren Feeney.
• Visit five galleries and studios each week
• Hear artists talk about their work
• Get a behind the scenes look at the galleries’ exhibition programmes
• Discover the work of new and emerging local artists
• Share in the company of others and their response to each exhibition and artist’s work
• Gain valuable knowledge and insights into contemporary New Zealand art and current directions and interests
For bookings email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Text Karin on 0275 355422.
Tours cost $20 per person.
Follow us on Instagram at #chchartseen
Holly Zandbergen, a studio visit to hear about her new paintings, Chambers Gallery,an exhibition and installation by Edwards + Johann, NZArtbroker, new works in stock, Chambers Studio visit,Kim Lowe, the recipient of the 2019 Olivia Spencer Bower Award, The National,Madeleine Child, Lumpen – contemporary ceramics
Windsor Gallery, leading New Zealand photographerAndre Alsop, Ara School of Art and Design, post-graduates exhibition, Ng Building, ceramics by Lyttelton artist Nichola Shanley, Ng Building,sculptor and printmaker Tim Main talks about his work, Eastside Gallery,Mary Latimer and other artists joining together (Hono Tahi). A community exhibition from Christchurch artists